Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thank You

THANK YOU
to all of you who posted comments about how we "met," how you found this place. I deeply appreciate each one of you reading, thinking and taking the time to share with me what brought you to my little part of the blogisphere. To those of you who don't comment, that's fine, too. Freedom of expression (or non-expression) is what having a blog is about!

To those of you who have been bereaved, and/or who are presently grieving, please know that I send you my loving compassion, and I stand in solidarity with you. Thank you for sharing your story with me. The path of grief is wholly individual, and it is, in its own way, sacred. To have you bear witness to Katie's journey, and our journey with (and without) her, is truly an honor and a gift to me. I love knowing that her story is being kept, shared, learned, cared for...and that it goes out from here; it does not end with her passing. To keep her memory, as a flame of love, is a part of how I see my job now, as her mother. Thank you for helping me to do that job in her honor.

2 comments:

Me said...

Thank you for letting us into your world!! Beautiful picture of you both, as always.

Jennifer said...

Love that top picture of Katie! That hair seems to bring out her inner sassygirl. :)

Thank you for sharing your journey with us, and with such grace. It's something I (and probably the rest of us who read) don't take lightly -- to bear witness to you; to your sweet, spicy, beautiful, strong Katie; and to your wonderful husband and son as well.

Jennifer