1. finished the second draft of my book on Family-Centered Care
2. completed two half-days of filming with Paul (of Paul Dudley Photography)
3. quietly celebrated 20 years of marriage to my best friend
4. got new shoes (I think I did this at the same time last year - it must be spring shoe fever!)
|Check these babies out! They are black, with silver holographic dots all over them. |
Memory-foam insoles - comfortable for walking (3 miles on their first outing)!
6. feel as if I've lost 5 pounds (due to #1 & #2 above)
7. feel as if I've gained 5 pounds (due to #5 above)
8. watched the season finale of Modern Family (sorry, Oprah)
9. loved stolen moments spent reading Personal History by Katharine Graham (& highly recommend it!)
10. discovered McKenna Ryan's art-quilt gallery, where classes are available in my community. Not a fabric shop (though they offer some of their own fabrics), a gallery! Check it out here -the art quilts are too beautiful for words:
I was guided in my work this week by a helpful, centering quote from the Gospel:
Jesus said to his disciples:What a blessing and humble privilege, to be a branch on that Vine, tended by His Vine Grower. I pray that my work will glorify our Father, and bear much fruit.
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine grower.
He takes away every branch in me that does not bear fruit,
and everyone that does he prunes so that it bears more fruit.
You are already pruned because of the word that I spoke to you.
Remain in me, as I remain in you.
Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own
unless it remains on the vine,
so neither can you unless you remain in me.
I am the vine, you are the branches.
Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit,
because without me you can do nothing.
Anyone who does not remain in me
will be thrown out like a branch and wither;
people will gather them and throw them into a fire
and they will be burned.
If you remain in me and my words remain in you,
ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you.
By this is my Father glorified,
that you bear much fruit and become my disciples.”
Now, it's time to relax and really celebrate that anniversary over the holiday weekend! I hope you have a great weekend, too!