Wednesday, May 6, 2009

National Nurses Week

MaryBeth (now, don't get confused; this is a different MaryBeth) posted this on her blog (which is called "Cats...Books...Life is Good") about National Nurses Day. It's apparently the beginning of National Nurses Week, which you can learn more about here (or just type it into your search engine).

If you know me, you know that I love nurses, and I believe that they are angels on earth. We (especially Katie) have received more tender loving care than I can tell you about in this space from these dear people, who are called to serve their fellow man as caregivers. So, to name just a few of the many who helped us:
Amy G., Janice, Melanie, Amy S., Shauna, Fiona, Amber, Amy, Katie, Missy, Lalania, Brooke, Kim, Julina, Susan, Valerie, April, Tracy, Racheal, Judy, Kiflam, Beth, Graeme, Clarissa, Kristin...and so many others, (like Karla and Amanda) who serve with love and dedication:
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
God bless you.
Thank you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual with your posts, this one touched me deeply. I have a knot in my throat and tear in my eyes because we were just talking about nurses yesterday, especially pediatric cancer nurses. It has got to be a gift, to be able to do that - and I, like you, appreciate these women (I know there are men, too, but in Daniel's treatment we only had women) and their brave job. I especially remember Jean and Ivy in the infusion room at Children's....GOD BLESS ALL NURSES!
L in Alaska

Busy Bee Suz said...

Nurses are the unsung heros of the medical field. They are needed and wonderful!!!

Pam said...

Aww so sweet! We had some pretty incredible ones too! Our first two when we walked into the H/O floor are the most memorable. One was a lady we knew from church and she was just so kind. Yes, truly unsung heroes!

Jennifer said...

Yep, they're total superheroes. My granddaddy in California had some amazing people attending him, to whom we grew fairly attached. Always puzzled me that the doctors garnered more respect than the nurses there, overall.

Thanks for calling our attention to this very special week. And so grateful that Katie was able to receive such amazing, bountiful care (and LOVE, from what I saw in those pictures!) from these angels in disguise!

Jennifer

Renee said...

Katie is so beautiful. How you must want to look at her all day long.

Love Renee xoxo

ChiTown Girl said...

I realize this will sound a bit like I'm tooting my own horn, but I think it's more than coincidental that Nat'l Nurses' Week and Teacher Appreciation Week are the same week!! We rock!

amanda said...

Thank you... You're appreciation of the profession means so much. The pictures are lovely and I am sure the nurses in them remember Katie fondly.