Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Meme

I've been tagged by "Life in Windermere." She lives in a gorgeous area of England and writes a lovely blog.


What are your current obsessions?
Staying fit, being the best wife and mother I can be, supplying quilts to Children's Hospital's cancer ward, finding my way.
Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
Blue jeans from Ann Taylor Loft, Merrell & Dansko clogs, athletic socks from Costco, cashmere cardigans from Chadwick's of Boston, t-shirts from Old Navy.
Last thing you bought?
Mother's Day cards & groceries.
What are you listening to?
Monty Python's "Life of Brian."
Favourite kid's film
The Sound of Music.
Favourite Holiday Spots
Vancouver Island (Canada), California, Provence, Hawaii.
What are you reading right now?
"The Sisters" (about the Cushing sisters of Boston), "Sister" (about Sister Parish, the renowned decorator), Radical Grace (by Richard Rohr).
Four words to describe you:
Thoughtful, creative, sassy, spiritual.
Guilty pleasure?
Chocolate-covered raisins, gummi candies, cheese, red wine; shoes!
Who or what can make you laugh until you are weak?
Our cats; Maribeth; youtube; FAILblog; smileygirl; the video of Joe Cocker that I posted here; etc.
First Spring thing?
Beach walks & yard work.
Planning to travel next?
Europe.
After this?
Palm Desert, CA.
Best thing you ate and drank recently?
Steak Frites at Cafe Campagne in the Pike Market; pear, apple and cheese at home; Mocha Creme Caramel at Burrata Bistro; Thai take-out from Sawatdy, on Bainbridge.
When did you last get tipsy?
A week ago at Silver City Brew Pub...their Fat Scotch Ale is the only beer I like!
Favourite ever film?
More than one: The Devil Wears Prada, Napoleon Dynamite, High Society, The Sound of Music.
Care to share some wisdom?
Learn to love as best you can; it's the most important thing that we are here to do. Don't be afraid to give of yourself. Don't be afraid of death; we are all here temporarily.
If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
I would quit obsessing about being fit.

Rules of the meme:
Respond and rework. Answer questions on your own blog. Replace one question. Add one question. Tag 8 people.

I tag:
DreamerGirl
Diane Walker of Contemplative Photography
Laurie of Keller's on the Prairie
KBL 2 ORD 2 SAN 2 LUV
Jason of The Jason Show
Mags
Mary of Finding Joy in Simple Things
Elizabeth of A Moon, Worn as if it Had Been a Shell

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this kind of "tag". I do not care for the Facebook tests that ask "What Disney Princess Are You?" (No, I don't answer them!)

I am so glad Maribeth came to visit; we all need a Maribeth! I am blessed to say I have one, too. (Ok, her name isn't Maribeth, but I think you know what I mean...=]

I'll have to email you personally because we are coming down in July to go to Children's - I would love to coordinate it with a time you would be delivering quilts! We will be doing testing for effects of chemotherapy - so will be at the Hospital all day.

Hugs to you - can't wait to meet you in person one day. L in Alaska

Anonymous said...

Love it! Sound of Music is still my favourite film - is there something worrying about that?! A very nice description of yourself from a very nice lady. I've been thinking of starting a blog (after I finish my PhD - otherwise it will just be an excuse to procrastinate for the next few months!) - I've especially like these kind of memes that provide the challenge of summarising yourself.

Looked up the Cushing sisters online - perhaps you might enjoy this book too: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mitford-Girls-Mary-S-Lovell/dp/0349115052, here's an article about them http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/booksblog/2007/oct/24/the20thcenturysmostfascina

And Europe?! Passing through Cambridge?!

Irene

Jennifer Stumpf said...

I'm glad to have finally caught up with all your recent postings, karen. that beach glass and indian beads are amazing! what a thrill to find such beautiful things.

Gberger said...

L - yes, email your dates. I'd love to see you.

Irene, I LOVE the Mitford Sisters' life stories, & that book. I have read a LOT about them, and they are fascinating.
Sadly, no, we are not coming to Britain, just the continent. I look forward to the day when we can go back; we even talk about living in Britain someday (for Gregg's work), as we both loved being there. We watch British TV almost exclusively (our TV is awful), and rent all of the Mystery! series; we have a huge love of the culture and people. Someday!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love your list...you are so special. I am also an Ann Taylor girl and I would knock someone over for a chocolate covered raisin. Now I am craving them too.
Europe??? How exciting!!

Lakeland Jo said...

thanks for the mention, and I loved reading your list. I like the sound of all those clothes shops, and I am going to try all those Seattle places you mention.
I am working hard on my fitness at the moment- I ache from end to end

Renee said...

'Learn to love as best you can; it's the most important thing that we are here to do. Don't be afraid to give of yourself. Don't be afraid of death; we are all here temporarily.'

Love you for this. Renee xoxoxo