Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A New Dawn

It seems appropriate to accompany these photos of a new dawn, taken this morning,


with the news that I have been invited to contribute to a website/group called Hopeful Parents. The link, which is also on the sidebar, is:






If you are a parent of a child with special needs, or know of a family who has a child with special needs, this website can be a resource for you.

I am humbled by this invitation, and a little bit scared. I don't have an ongoing situation, as most of these parents do, but I know (from experience as Katie's mother) that a child who has cancer is definitely a child with special needs. A family with a member who has cancer has special needs, and a family in grief is a family with special needs.

Thank you, Hopeful Parents, for the invitation to join and contribute. I will do my best for you.

1 comment:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Love those pictures and You are the perfect person to help with those in need. You have been through so much. (and still are)
You have a wonderful "ear" and give very good advise too.
good luck with this...it may be just what you needed. A calling of sorts...
I will check out the link.