Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

I'm on a brief blogging hiatus, but want to say
"Thanks be to God"
for the gifts I have received; among them,

Life
Love
Family
Faith
Friends
Freedom.

Even the hurts, wounds, struggles, and hard lessons can be occasion for thanks. These strengthen and humble me, and they continue to teach me.
Thank You, God, for Your gifts and Your grace.
Thank you for Your presence with us, for us, whatever may be happening.
Thank You.

Blessings to each one who reads this, and to all those within the reach of your love. Blessings to our brothers and sisters across the world, and to all creation. Amen.

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hope you have a wonderful day with your husband, your fabulous son, your wonderful parents and anyone else who deserves to spend the day with you. Take care. And yes, we have to be thankful for the blessings that we DO have....
thanks to you for reminding me.
Suz

amanda said...

happy thanksgiving. I am thinking of you during the holidays and wishing you happy days and peaceful thoughts...

HWHL said...

Well-said, my friend.

Blessing to you and your family!

pysanki.blogspot.com said...

I've missed your posting, but understand the need for periodic breaks. :) You've been in my prayers. Happy Thanksgiving.

Me said...

Thinking of you guys and hope you had a happy day.
Can't wait to see you soon too!