Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mom!

My mom is exactly 60 years older than David. I suspect that she may think of him as a birthday present delivered for her; if he had arrived just an hour later, he would have been. She LOVES being a grandmother!
(For someone who became a mother at the age of 21, she had to wait a long time to become "Grandma B." and "Grandma Ellie Donut;" her children didn't start their families until later in life.)
 She is a wonderful mother, wife and grandmother - loving, loyal, generous and humorous.
Happy Birthday, Mom! We love you so, so much!

3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a gem your mom is. I'm glad you didn't give away her age….but lucky for me, I can do SIMPLE math. LOL!! Your Mom is beautiful inside and out; and she raised a fabulous family. I'm wondering if she ever complained about having to wait on the Grandma part???
XOXO

ChiTown Girl said...

Happy Birthday to your gorgeous mother!!

xoxox

Karen said...

Your mom seems to live with great zest and flair. Bravo to her, and to her wonderful loving family.