Monday, February 27, 2012

It's Almost Party Time

Thanks for these great photos, Pauley-dear (Paul Dudley Photography)!
 I am getting ready to celebrate. Paul is putting the finishing touches on our video...
there are8 reviews on the book's Amazon page...
I dropped off a HUGE (3 feet by 2 feet), beautiful photo (made by Paul Dudley Photography) of the book's cover to our local printing company, and it's being made into a display poster...
Gregg is on his way home to me from nearly two weeks in Spain and Italy...
the Zags are playing tonight...
and
Suzanne Droppert's Liberty Bay Books is hosting a book talk and book-signing event for me on Friday, March 2nd at 6:30 P.M. at
The Loft at Latitude 47.7
The link to the event page is
The Loft has a relaxed, fun atmosphere and a nice menu, so you might want to have a bite to eat or a beverage there, before or after the event. The restaurant is upstairs at the marina in downtown Poulsbo, and has a great view of Liberty Bay. We'll be gathering in their private room for the event.
It's almost party time!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love that last photo in particular, Karen. What a party animal! I so wish I could be there to help celebrate but will be doing so, of course, in spirit.

Leslie said...

I cannot WAIT until Friday! Heidi's ezpessions in rhese pics are pricless <3

Karen said...

Oh what I wouldn't give to be there. What a night it will be, and I suspect Katie's spirit will be present, celebrating her mother's courage and tenacity.
Much love and congrats, my friend.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am smiling from ear to ear seeing all the happy people in these party photos!!!!! I SO wish I was there to celebrate with you all...I am so darn proud to know you karen G!!!!!
I will be there in spirit, I promise.
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I could be at your book-signing party to tell you in person how much I admire you and what an incredible job you did conveying your family's story, insights and emotions as you journeyed through Katie's illness, treatment and passing. Your book was so gripping that I read it in one sitting. This book needs to be read by ALL in the medical profession who deal with families sufferering from a threatening illness. I also appreciated the "unvarnished truth" about how friends/family can be helpful (and avoid being unhelpful). Thank you! Karen B.