Tuesday, October 11, 2011

In Case You Weren't With Us...

...here is the video from the Ben Towne Foundation BENefit last month:


benefit 2011 highlight video from ben towne foundation on Vimeo.

...featuring Carin & Jeff Towne, and Dr. Julie Park, who was Katie's - and Ben's - oncologist.
Here is a photo of Gregg and me with my mom & dad at the BENefit:
 
(There were lots of other nice people there, but I don't have permission to post their photos here.)

I've been working on my book today, and made a pork roast with carmelized onions (cut along the grain the way you told us, Allegra) and apples, Calvados and apple cider. It was delicious, if I do say so.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful photo of you, Greg and your lovely parents. The video was wonderful, too.

I love hearing about what you're cooking -- you've reminded me of pork and apples, something my kids love!

Jim said...

Karen, this seemed like a successful event to get the 'word out' for such an important topic/issue.
Now to the pork meal you prepared.....it's been a while but I am willing to try.