Wednesday, April 21, 2010

...and, They're Off!


Our French exchange has come to an end. Apparently, the news media served its purpose and brought appropriate attention to the stranded group. Government pressure and airline assistance sent 7 of the students and their principal home yesterday, and the remaining students (including Zoe) and their teacher are now enroute to the airport.

It has been a wonderful experience for all of us, and I hope that Zoe (and her family) will come back and visit us again!

5 comments:

A.Smith said...

May they all have a nice, safe trip home. I bet the parents cannot wait to hug them. It was truly lovely to read your adventures with them and I told Barry I bet you are ready to put your feet up, and I don't mean for another pedicure!

Pam said...

Awww.. was an unusual end to such an amazing adventure. But I'm glad they're on their way! : )

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hope they have an uneventful trip back home. I am sure they will cherrish the memories of their latest visit!!!

Anonymous said...

We had a safe trip back home and now everybody is at school, very busy with the preparation of exams and the end of the school year.
This trip will remain a wonderful memory for all of us thanks to the hospitality and warm welcome of all the American families. I enjoy reading your blog, Mrs G and I hope you are fine. I also enjoyed the conversations we had when you were with us. MERCI MERCI encore, je vous enverrai encore des nouvelles à partir de mon adresse mèl personnelle mais je n'ai pas beaucoup de temps en ce moment....
Joëlle R

Gberger said...

Mme. Raige, how lovely to hear from you! I am thankful that you are safely at home, and I also enjoyed our conversations when you were here. I look forward to receiving news from you when you have more time; I think you have my email address through the college. Merci!