Friday, November 20, 2009

Norwegian Rules and Happy Thanksgiving


Poulsbo was originally settled by Norwegians, and it still is very Norwegian in culture and population, so I thought you'd appreciate this tidbit of wisdom that I found in a local store. I think Gregg was raised with exactly these rules.

Things are BUSY around here, so I'm not getting to visit, read and comment on all of my blog-peeps' writings. I love & miss y'all. I'm working on Katie's Comforters Guild and book research, so it's a good kind of busy*ness, but I miss keeping up with you.
David turns 17 tomorrow, and my mom turns ?? on Sunday (I can't say, but here's a hint: she was 60 when David was born). A Happy Birthday shout-out to Laurie Keller on Sunday, too!

A Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones. May you experience true love and peace as you gather around whatever food you share, with whomever you share it. May Our Father "give us this day our daily bread."

10 comments:

ABW said...

I loved visiting Poulsbo when we were stationed at Fort Lewis!

Happy Birthday David and Mom!

Pam said...

Sounds like 'good busy'.. I like that kind of busy! : ) Happy birthday to all. And a happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! : )

ChiTown Girl said...

I LOVE those rules! I need to hang that in my house somewhere!

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, my friend. And Happy Birthday to David and Grandma. :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I adore the way Norwegians think...works perfectly for me too.
I am glad that you are 'good' busy. We miss you, but are happy you throw a bone now and then. :)
Happy Bday to David. Lucky for your Mom, I stink at math. I think she only looks to be in her mid 50's...so we will go with that. And I remember you turned 50 this year, so I don't know HOW she did this miracle.
Hugs to you...I hope you have a perfect Thanksgiving Karen.
XOXOX
Suz

Elizabeth said...

I love each and every one of those sayings! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Karen and all your loved ones.

Clippy Mat said...

Karen: I hope that Thanksgiving is great for you and your family.
I have a plaque on a wall in my house that is very similar to that one. Common sense - it's not just for the Norwegians LOL
:-))

Karen said...

Thanks for poking your head up occasionally. We understand your busyness but also feel grateful for your presence in our lives! New Norwegian rule: if you think it, post it! Hah!
Love you Karen. You are awesome,and I can say most sincerely on this Thanksgiving week, I am so very thankful for you this year.

Daisy said...

Excellent!! Thank you for this, Karen. Now...where to hang it... :)

Happy happy birthday to David and your mom.

Mich

Renee said...

Happy Thanksgiving darling friend.

I am thankful for you.

Love Renee xoxo

Diane Walker said...

Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving from Florida!
Diane