Friday, November 7, 2008

Eureka! I'm in Love!

I'm in love again. Fortunately, my husband both knows and approves of it.

Here is the object of my affection:
The Eureka Quick-Up. Keep it clean, people.

It's the most amazing little vacuum cleaner ever. It picks up DUST, cat fur, pine needles, and things I didn't even know were on my floors & carpets (2 settings). It's super light-weight and has a dust cup and filter that I can empty as often as I like. It's cordless! YIPPEE! I'm free! I can vacuum as often as necessary, without getting out the huge in-wall vacuum thing with the 20-foot long hose (I love my NuTone, but seriously, it's too big for quick clean-up). This is pine, fir and cedar country, folks! I need this, and I love it! It was under $40.00 at Target.

10 comments:

Diane Walker said...

Hmm. You have to wonder if Target is paying us -- or maybe they should! -- since that delightful emporium made it into BOTH of our blogs this morning!

This one sounds like a TOTAL winner; thanks!
D

pysanki.blogspot.com said...

A good vac is so hard to find! I finally with with a kenmore, but it is heavy and bulky, but not as bad as our old one. :) Congratulations!

HWHL said...

Under $40???? Really?
And if it picks up cat fur, I'm assuming (dare I assume?!) that it might pick up DOG FUR too???

Hmmmm... I'm tired of hauling my huge Dirt Devil up and down the stairs... I shall have to go check this out!

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is exciting. I have a real love for vacuums too. It is an appliance and I love all of them....I bought and returned about 5 last year until I found just the perfect one.
Cordless? That could be a winner for me too.

Pam said...

What a score! Glad you love it!

Me said...

I won't show this to Tom. He has a sick obsession when it comes to vacuums. You've heard of the Roomba???

But this one sounds really effective and inexpensive too. I could always get it for Tom for Christmas.

I'm glad Gregg approves too!

Laurie Brandriet Keller said...

I'm in the market and appreciate the tip. It's such a hassle to haul the heavy duty one around. xoxo. Have a great weekend!

Gberger said...

Isn't it fun when you find something great for a good price? And lightweight, too...

Diane, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned where I got it, but yes, I'd love a little royalty for it!

I don't know about dog fur, but I'll bet it works, HWHL...check the Target website for what customers say about it. That's what made me try it.

Laura, we haven't heard any "Roomba Advisory" stories lately. Maybe you need to check in with the Board & advise us...

Such simple joys for housekeepers, eh?

Najia said...

Laura took the words right out of my mouth. Better than the Roomba!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I read your blog and ran right out to Target to purchase one. We replaced all of our carpeting with laminate a few years ago and I have been fighting (and losing against) the dust bunnies ever since. I love this vacuum! It's actually almost fun to clean now. Oh and it is GREAT on dog hair!