Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tristan and Isolde

Okay, friends, here is a cultural moment for you.

Our friend, Linda Watson, is an opera singer (she is the friend with whom I went to Carmel in February). Linda is performing Wagner's Tristan und Isolde right now in the Netherlands, and she just sent me this link to the website of the Netherlands Opera. In the clip, you can hear her and her co-star singing, see them acting onstage, and you can hear them describe their work in the production. It's awesome!

2 comments:

Me said...

What a talent. That must be so physically exhausting to perform like that every night.

The Engine of the Family said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. You know exactly what we're all going through. I will have to check out the link for your friend. I really liked the movie 'Tristan and Isolde'.